Use this sheet to update the timeline, below:
Rosemary Hall, a school for girls, was founded in 1890 by Mary Atwater Choate. In 1896 Mary’s husband, Judge William G. Choate, established The Choate School for boys on the same family property in Wallingford.
In 1900, Rosemary Hall moved its campus to Greenwich, and another 70 years would pass before Rosemary Hall “came home” to Wallingford. After the merger in 1974, the combined school built on the strengths of its common roots and shared purpose, inspiring excellence for future generations of students.
The appointment of Dr. Alex D. Curtis as Head of School in 2011 continues on the path of accomplishment established by previous heads of Choate Rosemary Hall—Charles F. Dey and Edward J. Shanahan—bringing Choate to new levels of success, achievement, and recognition as a global leader in secondary education.